Monday, September 12, 2005

The (Financial) Truth Is Out There - Or Why Read This Blog

I know my posts so far have been more cryptic rather than straightforward. But there's a solid reason for that. Two, in fact. The upfront first reason is that there already are so many "financial" blogs dispensing solid advice. I have long approached money from a metaphysical point. Personally, it's the only way I can justify having money at all. It sounds kind of new-agey, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. When it comes to something like money, which we all need in varying degrees to live on, if one method of acquiring money isn't working for you, why not try something else? As long you follow the Golden Rule, and don't spend more than you make, a road to wealth is out there. I'm hoping to explore some of those roads in this blog, over time.

You might ask yourself, "What does a person who just got out of bankruptcy know about money? He's the last person I'd listen to." Fair enough; that's a logical reaction. However, I've heard it said many times over the years that the wealthiest people failed first. In fact, most of them failed at least three times before they made it "big". (By this measure, my success is around the corner.) By failing, they learned valuable lessons about what not to do for acquiring wealth. And they tried. Those who never try rarely become successful, unless it's handed down to them.

I certainly feel like I know what not to do. Add to that the fact that I've studied numerous biographies of successful people; read, absorbed, and applied various principles of wealth acquisition; advised others on stock choices that made them a small fortune; and have enough knowledge to actually try for my broker's exam.

I'm not bragging - well maybe a little :D. I'm simply stating that despite the downturns I've experienced, I am fortunate enough to have gained enough knowledge over time to also have enjoyed some very good years. (My biggest flaw repeatedly being that, instead of saving, I feel so successful that I spend to expand - too quickly.)

It's also easier to listen to me, a strange hybrid between an artist and techno-math geek, than someone like a stock broker or financial analyst, etc. I've been recently poor. I know how hard it is to make do with very little. And yet, I have both book and real experience in gaining wealth. I've come close to that magical million several times. In fact, if not for a few accumulated mistakes, I'd probably be worth 3-4 mil right now. Not stinking wealthy, but comfortable - which is all I really want. (Sure, I once wanted to be a billionaire. Not anymore.)

I also have had the very weird experience of having met a lot of now-famous young people (mostly Canadians, some Americansl) just before they hit it big. Each and every one of them had a specific mindset way back that I can say now, in hindsight, guaranteed that through perserverance, they would eventually "make it".

I can't guarantee you wealth, but I think that you will learn something from here that you don't know about money, wealth, success, and even about perceptions of these most nebulous ideas. Which leads me to my second reason for being so cryptic in my posts: If you have the patience to put up with them, I feel that you'll have enough patience to acquire the wealth. My own personal goal has always been that I want to become a millionaire, through legitimate, honest means, and will take anyone of a like mind along for a ride with me. If that's you, then please stay tuned.

(c) Copyright 2005-present, Raj Kumar Dash, http://smackeroonies.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home